Saturday, August 26, 2006

Laws of Ma'at - 6

I give offerings that are genuine and generous.

When I approach the altar of the Goddess, I bring offerings from my heart, that show my devotion to Her. They might be flowers, incense, artwork, or a variety of other items. My offerings are returns to Her for Her abundance.

Genuine and generous offerings can be in the form of donations to humanitarian causes, whether organizations or individuals. The offerings can be monetary, or in the form of my own labor and time, volunteering as my offering to the Goddess.

When I donate, is it out of the stirrings of my heart of compassion, or out of guilt or a case of the "shoulds"? My offerings should be made from love and abundance and gratitude, and the desire to thank Her for Her gifts.

No comments: