Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Laws of Ma'at - 8

I regard all altars as sacred

Everyone has a right to their own religious expression. As the old saying goes, "There are many paths up the mountain." An altar represents the mountain, although the details may represent a particular path.

All altars are sacred to their worshippers. I need not worship at an altar to regard it as sacred and respect it. I will not destroy or deface any altar, and I may in fact leave offerings at altars out of respect for that spiritual path. By my actions, I not only respect the sanctity of the altar; I put out my request to the Sacred World that my altars be respected and regarded as sacred by others.

I regard all altars as sacred, whether they be indoors or out in nature, whether they are currently in use or have not been used for generations.

No comments: